The Archbishopric chateau
A building in the Renaissance style on the site of which an original stronghold was situated, probably as early as in the times of the Great Moravian Empire. The up-to-date shape of the building comes from the period 1664 - 1695 when the castle was rebuilt in the times of the bishop Karl - Lichtenstein - Kastelkorn after the 30-Years-War according to the architectonic plans by the architects Philiberto Luchese and Pietro Giovanni Tencalla. The furniture and decoration of the interieurs come from the 2nd half of the 18th century. The gallery, exhibiting paintings by Europian 15th - 18th century painters (Veronese, van Dyck, Hans von Aachen, L. Cranach), is very famous. The most significant painting of the Chateau gallery is the painting "Apollo and Marsyas" by Tiziano Vecelli. The Chateau Library containing about 88 000 books and the Music Archives with more than 6000 Baroque compositions are also very important.
April and October (SA, SU holidays: 9:00 - 5:00 p.m.)
May, June, September (except MO: 9:00 - 5:00 p.m.)
July - August (except MO: 9:00 - 6:00 p.m.)
We recommend to visit:
Historical halls: Conducted tour according to the program (about 90 minutes - last conducted tour 1hour 30 minutes before the end of opening hours)
Admission: full CZK 80,-, reduced CZK 50,-, foreign-language reading CZK160,- discounts CZK100,-.
You can also visit The Chateau Gallery (60 minutes, admission CZK 30,- and 15,-), Sala Terrena (30 minutes, admission CZK 10,- and 5,-) Tower (30 minutes, admission CZK 40,- and 20,-).
Národní památkový ústav Správa státního zámku
Sněmovní náměstí 1
767 01 KroměřížCzechia (CZ)
tel: (+420) 573 502 011
fax: (+420) 573 339 218
Type: Castle - chateau
LAST MODIFY: uživatel č. 685 org. 56, 13.04.2005 v 13:10 hodin
součást prezentačního a rezervačního systému Doménová koule