Silesian Ostrava Ruin of castle [ Castle or ruin of castle ]
The castle is situated at the confluence of the Ostravice and Lučina rivers. The first written document referring to it dates from 1297; the original castle was a palatial two-storey building with fortified walls and a tower for defence. In 1548 it was rebuilt in the Renaissance style. In 1848 the knights' hall was demolished, and in the 1890s coal mining was begun in the vicinity. Since the 1930s the site has remained empty. An unprofessional attempt at reconstruction took place in the 1980s, owing to the fact that the land had sunk by 16 metres from mining subsidence. The owners from 1714-1945 were the Wilczek family from Dobrá Zemice, from 1945-1992 the castle was owned by the state, and nowadays the site is city property.
Roman Lilik, správce hradu
710 00 Slezská OstravaCzechia (CZ)
tel: (+420) 596 115 967
(+420) 596 111 457
Type: Castle or ruin of castle
Copyright 1998-22 © infoSystem.cz,