Návrat na hlavní stranu FRANCAIS POLSKI DEUTSCH ENGLISH ČESKY
 

KONOPIŠTĚ CHATEAU

Konopiště č.p. 1, 256 01 Benešov
Phone: +420 317 721 366
E-mail: konopiste@stc.npu.cz
info@zamek-konopiste.cz
http://www.zamek-konopiste.cz


Opening hours:

April, October Tue-Fri 9am - 12.30pm and 1pm - 3pm
Sat, Sun 9am - 12.30pm and 1pm - 4pm
May, June, July Tue-Fri 9am - 12.30pm and 1pm - 5pm
September Tue-Fri 9am - 12.30pm and 1pm - 4pm
Sat, Sun 9am - 12.30pm and 1pm - 5pm
November Tue-Fri
9am - 12.30pm and 1pm - 3pm
only groups on pre-booking
Sat, Sun
9am - 12.30pm and 1pm - 3pm
also the general public
January, February,
March, December closed




The castle of Konopiště was founded at the end of the 13th century, probably by the bishop Tobias of Benešov. It was built as a Gothic fortress copying the design of French castels. First building alterations were ordered by George of Šternberk at the end of the 15th century, and later by Hodějovští of Hodějov in the 17th century. In the 18th century, Vrtbové of Vrtba converted the castle into a Baroque palace. Francis Ferdinand d’Este, who bought it in 1887, had it rebuilt into a grand emperor’s residence. In 1990 he married Sophia of Hohenberg and had three children by her. He was very well educated and even travelled around the world. On 28 June 1914 he and his wife were assassinated by a shooting anarchist in Sarajevo. The château interiors present collections of F. F. ďEste. The Baroque garden includes the so-called Rose Garden with greenhouses. The château, now belonging to the state, offers three varied tour routes, a shooting gallery, and St George Museum. The château also offers other services even for the most demanding visitors.

LOKALIZACE


AKTUALIZACE: Václav Pošmurný (TO 03) org. 2, 20.11.2005 v 10:01 hodin
















Fulltext
Copyright 1998-2019 © infoSystem.cz,
součást prezentačního a rezervačního systému Doménová koule